Safeguarding at Gartree
Safeguarding is of the utmost importance to all at Gartree High School. In this section you will find information on many different aspects of safeguarding, including our Policy, key staff and links to websites containing useful information, advice and guidance and sources of support for many Safeguarding issues.
If you have any concerns for the safety or welfare of your child, you can contact us directly at the School on 0116 2717421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safeguarding Policy
- Safe & Well Spring 2021
- Safe & Well Autumn 2020
- Safe & Well Summer 2020
- Safe & Well Spring 2020
All Leicester Schools have become part of a new safeguarding initiative, which aims to improve outcomes for children and families affected by domestic violence and abuse.
This scheme has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that might have an impact on a child that attends their school. The approach, known as Operation Encompass is used in a number of other places across the UK and is run in partnership with Leicester City Council and Leicestershire Police.
All public agencies currently share information where there are safeguarding concerns or risk of harm to children and the Police currently share information on all incidents of domestic abuse in Leicester with Leicester City Council.
To further support the welfare of children this information sharing is being extended. During the school term our Designated Safeguarding Lead will now be informed when any domestic abuse incident has been reported to the police and one of our pupils was in the household. It will not give any details about the incident.
This has been introduced because domestic abuse in a household can have a big impact on children, even if they do not see what is happening.
This information will be used to ensure the school is able to provide appropriate support to our pupils. The information will remain confidential and only shared on a strictly need-to-know basis. It will not be shared with any pupils.
If you would like to speak to someone in confidence about domestic abuse, call the Leicester, Leicestershire& Rutland Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 802 0028 or visit https://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-community/emergencies-safety-and-crime/domestic-and-sexual-abuse/
We look to offer the best support possible for our pupils and believe that this scheme is going to be beneficial and supportive for all those involved as part of our ongoing commitment to safeguarding and promoting our students’ safety and welfare at all times.
Safeguarding Useful Websites/Contacts:
- ltai.info/ – PREVENT information and advice
- anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk – Anti-Bullying information and advice
- bullying.co.uk – Anti-Bullying information and advice
- nspcc.org.uk – Support for many areas around child welfare & wellbeing
- childrenssociety.org.uk/ – Charity supporting vulnerable children
- childline.org.uk/ – Information and advice in lots of areas
- youngminds.org – Information and advice for young peoples’ Mental Health, including a great section for Parents
- net-aware.org.uk/ – Parent guides to Apps and gaming
- bbc.co.uk/webwise/topics/safety-and-privacy/ – Online safety
- saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/parents-and-carers/parental-controls-offered-your-home-internet-provider – How to set Parental controls on your internet
- https://lrsb.org.uk/ – Leicestershire & Rutland Safeguarding Board
- firstcontactplus.org.uk/ – Leicestershire advice and support
- fearless.org/en/campaigns/county-lines – Information on “County Lines”
- kooth.com – Free online counselling for young people
- email@example.com – Gartree safeguarding email address